Free Return Travel to COVID-19 Vaccination Appointments from Monday 27th September
From Monday 27th September 2021 and to encourage and support the uptake of the COVID-19 vaccine, free travel to vaccination appointments will be provided on the Bayhopper and Cityride networks.
• Free travel is a single return trip to a COVID-19 vaccination appointment using a bus on a standard scheduled public transport service. The route the bus already travels will not change, so you will need to get off at the closest bus stop to your appointment.
• A caregiver can also travel for free if accompanying you to the vaccine appointment.
• Dependents that need to be looked after by the person travelling to get a COVID-19 vaccination (e.g. under 12 years old) can also travel for free.
• This travel can only be used on the day of the appointment, which appears on your booking confirmation.
• To travel for free, please show the bus driver the appointment letter/text (either on paper or on mobile phone).
The Ministry of Health have established a support team to help people with disabilities get vaccinated. The team assists people and their carers to get information about the vaccine, make bookings, organise support at vaccination sites and arrange transport. To access this service people should call the COVID Vaccination Healthline on freephone 0800 28 29 26 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and ‘push 2’ to speak to the support team.