The new Tauranga and Western Bay Network started Monday 10 December
The new Tauranga and Western Bay Network
There are 17 routes providing services in Tauranga City, including the Te Puke service. Customers have more options to reach their destination by transferring onto other routes. Transfer points (on road bus interchanges) are at Greerton, (Chadwick St), Brookfield, (Bellevue and Millers Rd), Hairini, (Welcome Rd and Ohauiti intersection) as well as Bayfair and Tauranga CBD. Services are more frequent, with improved reliability and longer operating hours. Katikati and Ōmokoroa services also changed.
- The City and Hospital Link services run every 15 minutes between Bayfair, Mount Maunganui and Tauranga CBD.
- The new Crosstown Connector links the southern end of the city from Bayfair to Welcome Bay, Windermere Polytech campus, Greerton and Tauranga Crossing.
- The Goldline service provides off-peak connections to retirement villages, the cruise ship terminal and the Mount Hot Pools.
- Route 30x the Golden Sands Express travel time to the Tauranga CBD is comparable with your personal car during peak travel times.
- Route 72 is a new service for Otumoetai with transfers to other services available at the Brookfield Transfer point.
Other existing routes within Tauranga also changed and customers should check the new timetables before travelling.
Routes that have been discontinued:
Route 36 has been replaced by the Crosstown connector route and Route 2 no longer exists. Instead a combination of services should be used.
Te Puke services
Route 221 Te Puke increased to 11 trips a day, and ends at Bayfair where customers can transfer to other services with the one hour free transfer. The route within Te Puke also changed. The Te Puke Shopper service no longer operates.
Katikati and Omokoroa services
Katikati has more daily services, but no longer operates on a Saturday. Waihī Beach residents can still connect to the service to travel to Tauranga. Residents in Ōmokoroa now have three return trips a day.
Tips for planning your journey on the new bus network
Use the Journey Planner on our website
- Enter your start point and destination into the Journey Planner and click on ‘Plan Journey’
- This takes you to Google Maps and shows the journey that you would take today
- Click on ‘Arrive by’
- Change the date to the day you are travelling and time you want to arrive, (for the new network select a date after 9 December)
- View your journey using our new network!
Download Transit App
Use our website maps and pdfs
Ring our 0800 4 BAYBUS (0800 4 229 287) and our Call Centre will assist you