Omokoroa bus services - update on new route and timetable
The overwhelming message received was the need for a more regular service, so from Monday November 25 Bay of Plenty Regional Council will be launching new routes and timetables.
From Monday to Friday there will be an increase to six return trips every day - up from the three that currently run.
The trips will:
- Depart from the corner of Ōmokoroa Road and The Esplanade at 7am, 8.45am, 10.30am, 12.15am, 2pm and 4.20pm.
- Depart from Tauranga (Wharf Street - Stand D) at 7.55am, 9.40am, 11.25am, 1.10pm, 3.25pm and 5.10pm.
Other improvements include:
- A route change to include Cameron Road from 15th Avenue to Wharf Street, and to include Vivian Drive, Harbour View Road and The Esplanade in Ōmokoroa.
- New bus stops in Ōmokoroa on Vivian Drive, Harbour View Road and Ōmokoroa Road.
- Fares will remain the same.
- After 9 am it is free for Supergold cardholders.
- There is free passenger Wi-Fi available.
- Bike racks on the buses are to come in the near future.