Council congratulates creative colourers
A big congratulations to all the winners from our recent Schoolhopper Colouring Contest.
We received nearly 100 entries from kids all over Tauranga and it's fair to say our City's artistic future is in capable and creative hands.
Whether opting for a traditional 'between the lines' approach with felts and coloured pencils or leaning toward a more Monet-esque impressionist style with glitter pens and crayons, the level of imagination and talent on display was impressive.
The judging panel had a huge job and wished they could have awarded more prizes but at the end of the day they had to pick a winner for first, second and third for each age category as well as drawing a lucky spot prize from each.
Thanks to everyone who entered for getting involved be sure to keep an eye out for next year's competition.
We'll be in touch with prize winners shortly to arrange prize delivery.
- First - Chloe Gilmour, Pillans Point School
- Second - Orlando, Bethlehem College
- Third Helena Kotze, Tahatai Coast School
- Lucky spot prize winner - Jayda Shipley, Tauranga Primary School
- First - Eden Brickell, Selwyn Ridge
- Second - Jacob Orsler, St Thomas More
- Third - Anahera Rei, Mount Maunganui Primary
- Lucky spot prize winner - Cruz Henderson, Maungatapu Primary
- First - Mia Longmore, Mount Maunganui Intermediate
- Second - Leo Rook, Aquinas College
- Third - Brodie Hiku, Whakamarama School
- Lucky spot prize winner - Ana Pinto, Bethlehem College