What is Total Mobility?
The Total Mobility scheme helps people with serious mobility constraints access subsidised door-to-door transport through approved transport providers based in Tauranga, Rotorua and Whakatāne.
Eligible scheme members use their Total Mobility photo identity smart card to receive a 50% discount on door to door travel up to a maximum of $25 per trip (50% discount on $50 full fare).
How do I join?
To join the scheme applicants are assessed by approved assessment agencies. All agencies charge a fee for this service, please check what their assessment or membership fee(s) are.
The assessment process identifies whether your mobility constraint means you cannot manage any one or more of these components of a journey:
- Getting to the place from where the transport departs.
- Getting onto the transport.
- Riding securely.
- Getting off the transport.
- Getting to the final destination.
In the Bay of Plenty the Total Mobility scheme is run by Bay of Plenty Regional Council.
Where can I find out more information?
- visit the Total Mobility page on the Bay of Plenty Regional Council website
- Phone: 0800 884 880
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org